Town & Country Hardware, in Independence, Oregon has a permanent full-time position currently available. NO SHORT TERM OR PART TIME APPLICANTS, PLEASE. We are a large, full-service hardware store with a strong reputation for excellence in customer service. The successful applicant, over the age of 18 with a professional appearance, musthave the following skills:
· excellent customer service
· attention to detail
· excellent telephone manners
· ability to follow instructions as given
· ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
· strong basic arithmetic and use of decimals and fractions
· ability to use a tape measure
· lifting up to 94 lbs.
· ability to stand, walk, reach and bend for long periods of time
Additional desirable skills include:
· cashiering experience
· computer keyboard
· forklift certification
· knowledge of hardware.
Job duties include
· ability to quickly and politely guide customers to the item(s) they seek
· use of cash register to sell items
· use of computer system to create and process special orders for customers
· key cutting
UPS shipment processing
· handling incoming telephone calls
· routing calls through the telephone system
· mixing paint
· cutting and threading pipe
· cutting lumber when necessary using a chop saw
· cutting glass and plexiglass
· keeping the store clean, shelves stocked and faced
· unloading merchandise from delivery trucks
· assisting customers with loading their purchases
Application can be made in person at:
1555 Monmouth Street, Independence.
A resume is welcome, but must accompany the application form available at the store. Wage is hourly, commensurate with experience.
All applicants subject to background check.
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
This train by LGB is a total class act. For those of you who might already have a G-Gauge railroad or want to start your collection with a top end line, consider this.
This locomotive was built by Baldwin and used until the 1940s for sugar cane transport on Hawaii. The G-Gauge model retails for $389.00
Directly behind the locomotive are the 2nd-Class and 3rd-Class Passenger cars. They are sold as a set for $179.00
Finally, there is the 1st-Class Passenger Carriage which sells for $109.00.
For those of you who want a more reasonably priced entry into the world of G-Gauge model railroading, I might suggest this kit.
This starter set includes a steam locomotive, two flat cars each with a LEGO building block plate and 30 building blocks. The set also includes a complete 51" circle of track consisting of 12 curved sections of track, a locomotive controller, a power supply for 230 volts, and feeder wires.
This complete kit sells for $274.00.